- What cookies are
- Why cookies are used
- Why specific cookies are used and why
WHAT COOKIES are
A cookie is a small text file that is sent to your computer when you visit a Website. Fittergy, as well as other parties, can place cookies. Cookies do not store any personal information about you, are not harmful to your computer and are automatically deleted when the expiration time is reached.
WHICH SPECIFIC COOKIES USED AND WHY
Functional cookies: Cookies that ensure that the website functions properly.
We use functional cookies for:
- remembering the products you add to your shopping basket when you shop online.
- To remember the information you enter on each page when you checkout or order, so that you don't have to re-enter all your details each time
- To pass information from one page to the next, for example if you need to enter a lot of information when ordering online.
- To read your browser settings, enabling you to view our website optimally on your screen.
- To offer the possibility to store login details, so you don't have to re-enter it every time.
- To determine which version of the website you get to see (mobile, tablet or desktop).
STATISTICS/ANALYSE - COOKIES BY WHICH WE CAN EVALUATE THE USE OF THE WEBSITE
To determine which parts of the website are most interesting we continuously monitor the use of the website, including google analytics and hotjar.
Statistics are made of the information we collect in this way. These statistics give us insight into how often our web page is visited, where exactly visitors spend the most time, and so on. This enables us to make the website's structure, navigation, and content as user-friendly as possible. The statistics and other reports do not trace back to people.
We use these cookies for:
- Keeping track of the number of visitors to the website and our web pages
- Keeping track of the time that each visitor spends on our web pages
- Determining the order in which a visitor visits the different pages of Fittergy
- To assess which parts of our site need adjustment
- To optimize the website
ADVERTISMENTS - COOKIES TO SHOW ADVERTISMENTS
Fittergy focuses on the sale of products. To stimulate sales, we place advertisements and affiliate banners on various other websites, including Facebook and Google. We try to make the advertisements and banners as good and relevant as possible. Advertising space is purchased directly, but also from media agencies and ad networks. They then act as intermediaries between website owners and advertisers.
The cookies make it possible to:
To keep track of how many orders take place via the advertisement for the purpose of settlement with the party from which the advertising space is purchased
To keep track of which affiliate website the visitor has come from (directly linked or via coupon code) so that a possible discount can be passed on to the customer, as well as a commission for the affiliate.
Due to the way the internet and websites work, we may not always have insight into the cookies placed by third parties via our website. This is particularly the case if our web pages contain so-called embedded elements; these are texts, documents, images, or videos stored by other parties, displayed on, in, or via our website.
If you encounter cookies on this website that fall into this category and that we have not mentioned above, please let us know. Or contact the third party directly and ask which cookies they have placed, the reason for it, the cookie's lifespan, and how they have ensured your privacy.
You have the right to request access to and correction or deletion of your data. Please see our contact page. To prevent misuse, we may ask you to identify yourself adequately. When it concerns access to personal data linked to a cookie, you must send a copy of the cookie in question.
TURN OFF COOKIES USE
By default, most browsers (such as Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome) are set in such a way that you allow websites to store cookies on your computer. How you can change your settings varies per browser. Consult the help function of your browser if necessary. It is always possible to delete cookies from a particular website or all websites at the same time.
Please note: disabling cookies only affects the computer and browser on which you perform this operation. If you use multiple computers and/or browsers, you must repeat this action as often as necessary.